Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Easter Party





We were blessed to have my parents (Tom & Dory),
good friends of theirs (Den & Bonnie), and my dear friend Cindy
and her man, Bill, over for an Easter celebration!

Since Sundays are VERY full for me and since Easter is always on a Sunday,
I chose a menu that could be mostly made in advance.

I started with the DOUGHNUTS!
Because they're the most fun and they're the prettiest.
Tasty desserts are even better if they're pretty, too.



First I made maple glazed doughnuts.






Then I made carrot ginger doughnuts (yes,
I topped them with crystallized ginger and coconut shreds!)








Then I made peanut butter doughnuts with chocolate glaze.


These were buckeye doughnuts - in the style of buckeye desert balls,
which are peanut butter on the inside, chocolate on the outside.


They were all beautiful! 



In the leftover melted chocolate,
I put coconut shreds, crystallized ginger, and walnuts.
I dropped it in blobs onto waxed paper and froze it.


It made freezer cookies!


I created little gift bags (8 for $1 from the Dollar Store!)


I filled them with these delicious candy bars
and a tag that read, "You're sweet!  Happy Easter!"
I like to give gifts.
Gift-giving is probably my top love language.


I also had special additional gifts for my Dad, my Mom, and Cindy.
I just can't resist buying special things for the people I love most.
Even if it doesn't mean much to them, it means a lot to me
to be able to spoil them a little.


 I saw a pretty table on Pinterest
that was decorated with lace and succulents,
and I LOVED IT!
I moved most of the doilies I have in my house
(from my sweet Grandma) onto the kitchen table and overlapped them.


Thankfully, my Grandma liked blue, too!


Then I started putting out the yummies.



I like to label things for my guests.




I assembled the shepherd's pie on Saturday so that all I had to do Sunday was
bake it for about an hour.  It turned out really well.



I decided to also make a wild-rice noodle casserole on Sunday because
it sounded good to me and because I wanted to make sure to have enough food
(we invited two guests sort of at the last minute).
This recipe got lots of Christie "doctoring" to make it what I wanted it to be,
and I think I did well.  I will be making it again!


My parents thoughtfully brought us some beautiful yellow tulips
and Bonnie & Den brought a lovely candle - I got spoiled, too!


After eating, we chatted for a nice while.
Bonnie & my Mom browsed through some photo books I had
made of some special trips our family has taken.

I was happy that we have such a nice patio and comfy furniture out there,
because we spend a good amount of time in the nice fresh air.






Eventually, I had to pull out my parents' wedding photos.
They're adorable.


You also might notice the tin-foil packets - some doughnuts went home with our guests!




My parents also brought us a lovely Easter gift of this adorable driftwood hedgehog!
I LOVE hedgehogs 
(disclaimer: I do not love hedgehogs as much as I love cats 
and I do not want to live with a hedgehog, but they sure are funny and cute!)


We've named her Hyacinth.


I hope your Resurrection Sunday was beautiful and blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo