Friday, December 22, 2017

Things To Do Instead Of Going To The Mall




I had to make a return at the mall yesterday, and it was fine, but when I drove by today,
it was crazy!  The exit to the Chandler Mall off the freeway was backed up,
and when I peeked into the parking lot, there were many cars circling and circling . . . 
like a ride at an amusement park (except they don't want to be on that ride!)
I was glad I was doing a last trip to Target instead.
Target wasn't UNbusy, but it wasn't CRAZY.  

I would rather be doing this!!!
1. good book
2. (faux) fire
3. feet up
4. lots of lamps on to make house cozy


5. a lap-load of cats

6. a tasty festive beverage!
(Though I have to water it down a lot because it's quite a bit too sweet as is!)


Much better than trying to shop this time of year!

***

Allistair hasn't been feeling well and we've had to keep a very close eye on him.
He has digestive problems, and we didn't know that some choice bits of spicy venison would cause his issue to flare up.  He went to the vet today and got some medicine to help things calm down again
(I love our vet!  If you live in the East Valley, go HERE!)
They're great doctors and the rest of the staff is great, too.
They also are much more affordable than any other vet I've ever visited.

Allistair is happy to be back home!

For some reason, Stephen is really nervous since we got home from the vet.
He probably smells doctors and thermometers and dogs on us!

On Sunday, it was quite chilly, and I wore this outfit
- with raincoat, because it was raining!!!
What a lovely surprise!
raincoat: DKNY from consignment shop

Here's what was under there.
I thought it was sort of festive because the sweater is red
(though the church bathroom lighting is terrible!)
and it has some gold confetti on the shoulders and upper bodice area.
sweater: Calvin Klein from Ross
plaid shirt: ? from Ross
skirt: Amazon
tights: Target
shoes: Ross

That plaid shirt has a great big metallic flower on it.
It's very cool.
You can see the gold confetti a little more in this photo, too.

Wednesday evening I had a little cooking fest.
I made a bunch of sauteed pineapple veggies



and two big pans of roasted potatoes with smoked paprika.
YUM!


This morning it was only 34 degrees and it feels VERY wintery
and Christmassy.  I love the cold weather!
I do love that it's still sunny, though.

Enjoy some time in your cozy home with people and creatures you love, eat some great nourishing food, read good books, watch good shows, look outside at the chilly surroundings, and enjoy the still of a winter's evening (assuming you're in the northern hemisphere!)
That's what I'm doing and what I'm going to continue to do!
Thanks for reading. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo