Saturday, December 17, 2016

Non-Toxic & Cruelty Free Make-Up Routine

Over the past couple of years I have been working on revamping my beauty routines to substitute in less toxic products that are also not tested on animals (it's cruel and unnecessary).  But of course, I still want the products to work!  I know a lot of us are cleaning up in similar ways, so I thought I'd share the products that have been working well for me.

I have finally figured out how to get the look I'm going for: 
fresh-faced and energetic (even when I'm not feeling energetic!)
I'm willing to put forth effort to look my best, but I don't want to LOOK as if I'm putting in a lot of effort!

Here are my every-day products.
On special occasions, I use the same products, just in a different way.



All of the above products are cruelty-free and very low (which is good!) on the toxicity scale as measured by the Skin Deep Database created by the Environmental Working Group.


Foundation: Alima Pure Satin Matte Loose Powder Foundation - LOVE!!! I don't like liquid foundations or BB creams, so this is perfect for me.  I use the color Neutral 1.  This is on the expensive side, but I haven't found anything that works as well, so it's worth it to me.

Blush: I love blush because I'm sort of pale (especially when I'm fatigued) and I need the bright pink flush to look alive and alert!  I use Physician's Formula.

Eyelash curler: I have sort of squinty, Asian-shaped eyes, and most eyelash curlers pull my eyelashes out or pinch my eyelids.  This one is great (for me).

e.l.f. eyeshadow: from Target, $2, if I remember correctly!
Wet And Wild eyeshadow primer: I get slippery eyelids, and this helps a lot!

Eyeliner: I like the Physician's Formula pen version (especially because it contains a serum that helps lashes grow and my health challenges make my eyelashes fall out in clumps sometimes!)  
I draw it just along the lashes on my upper eyelids.

Brushes: e.l.f. cheap and cruelty-free!





Pretty simple!
That's it!!!



BONUS:
Check out this awe-inspiring bird-of-prey who visited our yard the other day!
We have a nice nature friendly backyard with good plants for birds and bees, bird food provided regularly, and a water fountain, so it makes sense we'd attract some predators . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo