Saturday, November 19, 2016

What's Been Happening Around Here!



What beautiful mornings we've been having here in the Arizona desert lately!



Greg and I went out two nights in a row to watch the Super Moon rise,
and to take photos.

Greg has a better camera than mine, and he's much better at the technological part of photography, so all the moon stuff is his.





He also made this really cool sped-up moon video:


The babies are just as snuggly and cute as ever!

Allistair

Stephen


Juvy, Stephen, Allistair
(Wanda, Allistair's "pet" whale is also on the bed!)

Juvy

Claude, the Princess

I found this helmet at Target in the home decor aisle and thought it was hilarious!



And Cindy had a day off, so we went for a hike.


We found a cholla branch with amazing texture:



It was a warm, breezy day, and the desert smelled clean and fresh.





Eek!  Look at that huge spider!



We tried hard to follow the cairns, but we still got off our path at some point
and had to ramble through scrub to find it again.
I have some memorial scratches.


Oo!  A Phainopepla!
They eat the berries from the mistletoe that grows in the other trees.




Cindy and I went out for pizza after our hike, and the water beaded up on my cup like this!


I thought it was fancy!


My newest recipe is baked beans.
This version (found online here) had me soaking the beans overnight, then simmering them for an hour with the onions and peppers . . .


Then putting them in the slow cooker with tomato sauce and spices for 6-8 hours.
They are definitely tender - and tasty, too!



And here's something I thought might make you smile today . . . 

Our 1:1 Classroom at church just finished the entire four-year sequence of lessons, and the very last lesson is "The Holy Spirit Will Help Me Stay Calm".  It teaches about self-control.
We had the students draw pictures of ways they stay calm, and the results were adorable.

Parker drew himself watching the news:


Ayden drew himself playing with trains.


I like to walk, read, and cook to help myself stay calm. 
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo