Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Staples


Yep, we went to see it with my parents.
Greg had already seen it and had been forced to keep all the theories and questions to himself until I saw it.  I'm glad I did; I really liked it more than I expected to in spite of some flaws.
Everyone should see it because it's a cultural phenomenon and we want more films about good versus evil (and refusing to give up in the face of overwhelming odds!) without nudity and lots of swear words.


 Last week it kept raining and raining and raining some more . . . 
I loved it!

The mountains had lots of snow - and still do!


Allistair has been trying to find sunshine wherever he can.
Check out his back legs in this photo; they're all twisted up!


 I got inspired by a YouTuber who cooks a lot of stuff all at one time and then assembles it during the week into meals, so last night I sliced a potato, seasoned it with tumeric, salt, and pepper, then baked it at 450 for 20 minutes on one side and 20 minutes on the other side. 


Then I made some risotto (rise cooked slowly in veggie broth instead of water).
I add lots of vegetables into my risotto.
This time: onions, peas, carrots, kale, spinach.


I also boiled some lentils.
I haven't made lentils before and they don't look very appealing now that they're cooked.
They're very mushy.  And still orange.
I'm not sure what to do with them.  I think I'll try them in a rice bowl.




I had the risotto and potatoes for dinner with a couple of BIG glasses of hibiscus tea!
I love how it's RED in spite of just coming from leaves.


And I have lots of meals in the fridge and freezer from cooking up so much at one time!
Easy assembly - no tools required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo