Friday, October 30, 2015

Autumn Is Finally Here!


Yep, it was my birthday (the 26th)!



It was a lovely day.  I went shopping with Cindy
(though I completely wore myself out, sadly, since I haven't been feeling great)
and then had dinner out with Greg.
The following day I spent some time with Jen.
It was low-key and happy in a quiet way, which is just how I like it!

I got some great books, a cool pedicure tool (more on that to come in future posts), some gift cards, and a fun board game that Greg & I will test out here in the near future (I'll report back!)
It was wonderful and the presents are getting used and enjoyed!

Allistair & Stephen enjoyed the packages after I removed the gifts!





After creating a ruckus with all the boxes, Allistair was tuckered out!



So was Claude, and she didn't even create any ruckus!



Lots of sleeping has been taking place . . .
I certainly don't mind, because with cats, sleeping is usually SNUGGLING,
and it's always very cute!
Allistair

Juvy

Stephen

Allistiar



Allistair

Allistair



 Stephen loves to stand on the top of the scratching post and be the king of the world:



"Yep, I got up here all by myself!"



I finally caught Allistair chasing his shadow.
For the longest time I thought he was having a seizure when he did this because it's weird and I've never seen another cat do it.
Then I noticed that he only does it when the light is just right and he can see a bit of his reflection in the tile.
Ha!


Fall is finally here.  It didn't get above 80 today, and yesterday we had a very blustery day.
I am enjoying it a lot.
In fact, I've got the tidying bug because I get the urge to "spring clean" in the fall;
it feels like spring because our long season of hibernating indoors is finally over!


It's been chilly, so I get to LAYER when dressing - my favorite!

I got a couple more of these amazing Tulle corduroy jackets with huge buttons from eBay.
I got a pink one and a mustard one.
I wore this apple green one all the time last winter.
dress: Calvin Klein
camisole: Target
jacket: Tulle
shoes: Aerosole
bag: Kenneth Cole Reaction


And on my shopping expedition with Cindy, all I bought was this olive green bag.
I had been wanting to incorporate olive into my wardrobe for the winter because I think it's the best modern neutral since mustard, and I wanted to add it in a bag.
It needed to be structured, have no black accents, not have too much metal, be slightly smaller than tote-bag sized, and be non-leather.  And of course, it needed to be just the right olive color. 

This one fit the bill!





The zipper on the front pocket is "locked" shut . . . 


. . . unless I've opened it up!


And of course, it was on sale!


Originally $99 (no, thanks!)

Thank you, Ross!


Happy Autumn to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo