Thursday, September 17, 2015

Urgh


We've been having quite a bit of "weather" over the past week plus.
A few times we even were woken up by the thunder.
Whenever I hear BIG thunder and see lightning flashes in the night, I wake up and go open the back door and Juvy is huddled there, all scared.  So then she spends the rest of the night in the guest bathroom, all cozy and dry and safe.


And sometimes she sleeps on this chair during the day.


Lately it's been cooling off (HOORAY!) and only getting into the high 90s, 
so she prefers to be outside most of the time.  She likes it hot.
But when it rains or thunders, she comes in and sleeps and she's ever so pretty.




The other day, Allistair was sleeping really hard on the back of the couch (snoring and wheezing),
and he started to slip off the side . . . 



He went sloooowly head-first onto the seat of the couch!


He ended up in a little befuddled pile and went back to sleep.

I've been under the weather a bit, and though it's MUCH better than it used to be, it's still rough.  
Sometimes it's rough just because the little problems are a reminder that this thing is unlikely to ever go away completely.  And sometimes it's rough because I feel guilty (did I eat something I shouldn't have? did I do too much? am I stressing over something and it caused my body to act up?)  And sometimes it's rough because my energy runs out suddenly in the middle of something and I feel like a useless human being for not being able to manage myself better.

God and I are working on these things together.

I had a quiet day today and made yummy snacks to help myself feel better and to make me and Greg smile.  Right this minute I am in the middle of making hash browns and I already made rice pudding and cherry banana nice cream today, so I have lots of snacks to eat this evening.  I hope for an evening of delicious simple food, a slow walk with the Man, and maybe a board game.

I'd better get busy with that!

Enjoy your evening and I hope you have fall weather wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo