Monday, August 24, 2015

Spinach Pancakes & Sweet Potato Fries



The last couple of weeks have been a little rough health-wise.
Thankfully, I have four adorable little fuzzballs to make me smile!

They like watching the morning doves through the curtain (they're being sneaky!)
Juvy, Allistair, Claude, Stephen

Stephen:



Here's what the backyard looks like right now.
Our outside table broke while I was moving it so the construction dudes could use the patio, and we don't actually sit out there much, so I wonder if there's a need to replace it.

We still have chairs!
(They are off to the left-hand side of the frame of this photo.


It really has been hot.
This week is not expected to get hotter than 107 or so.
Still not lovely weather, but better than 114!


Juvy has been inside most of the time, enjoying the cool tile and this rug.


Stephen, being silly!
Wookit his cute widdle fangs!  


Allistair "helping" me do yoga:





I love it when Juvy sleeps all curled up because even her toesies curl.




Here is what it looks like on a typical afternoon at our house:


The other night, I made sweet potato fries at home.
Whenever my digestive system is acting up, I crave sweet potato fries.


I chopped up four sweet potatoes (the orange ones) into strips
and baked them at 425 for a long time.
Like 45 minutes on one side and 15 on the other side.


They came out like this
(great - now my mouth is watering!)



I love it when Allistair sleeps, too.
He often covers his eyes.


"Mom - come on.  You're invading my sleep privacy!"


Greg and I were watching "The X-Files" a while back, and Stephen tried to be all sly and sneak up onto Daddy's lap.  Not sure why he thought he was sneaky or why he thought he needed to be sneaky - Daddy loves to snuggle!



And here's another meal I attemped - this one turned out pretty well and I'll be making something similar again.

Spinach pancakes (recipe here)


YES!  The pancakes were green!



. . . and potato cubes, fried in water (continual stirring is required, but then there's no oil!)


Plated up with a banana, it was a lovely and tasty dinner.


Yum!



Now I'm hungry.  Time for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo