Saturday, June 6, 2015

Renovation: Almost DONE!!!

We're done except for the touch-ups!

Today and yesterday . . . 

the chipped and crooked tiles were replaced.


tiling was finished


Down the hallway towards the master bedroom from the hallway:

and
baseboards were installed

Greg's office!


Down the hallway towards the master bedroom from my office:


My office:


Close-up of the current wall color, the baseboards, and the beautiful new floor:


The master bedroom:


The master bathroom:


Better view of the tile:


Into the commode and closet:


Dusty mirrors!


Close-up of the tile with the grout film still over it.


Our garage door also got painted today where it was sprayed accidentally by a broken paint hose.

There are some areas where the grout needs to be filled in, some areas where the paint needs touch-ups, and some places on the baseboards where the nail holes need to be puttied in and painted, but we are mostly done!

Greg was up in the night with kidney stone pain that took awhile to abate (with the help of his super-strong medication), meaning that I dozed and woke a bunch of times, too, and we had to get up at six because we wanted to be showered and dressed by the time the construction guys arrived, so we're pretty draggy today.  Both of us fell asleep at one point or another today, and we're looking forward to an early night!  But I'm happy to say that we were pleasant and not grumpy.  Yay!
And no, the stone didn't come out . . . 

I hung out at the library on Friday morning because it has a working bathroom
and I needed one because the doors were off ours and we had guys working here. 
view out the library window

Then I stopped by Ross on my way to get groceries at SuperTarget.
This is what I was wearing - 
and I bought those blue pants I'm carrying!
dress: Calvin Klein
bag: Betsey Johnson
shoes: Aerosole
jacket: Highway Jeans

I was wearing a jacket because we had rain on Friday, surprisingly.
In fact, we broke a record on Friday with .01" of rain - ha!


Here's what the Ahwatukee Foothills News had to say about it:

PHOENIX (AP) — It didn't take much rain for a thunderstorm that blew across Phoenix to set a record.
The National Weather Service said the .01 inch of rain recorded at Sky Harbor International Airport by 7 a.m. Friday was a record for June 5 because there hadn't been any precipitation recorded previously on the date.
June is normally dry in Phoenix, but the storm with moisture from remnants of tropical storm Andres provided a bit of a change.
"We've now got #RainOnThe5thOfJune. Officially measuring 0.01PHOENIX (AP) — It didn't take much rain for a thunderstorm that blew across Phoenix to set a record.
The National Weather Service said the .01 inch of rain recorded at Sky Harbor International Airport by 7 a.m. Friday was a record for June 5 because there hadn't been any precipitation recorded previously on the date.
June is normally dry in Phoenix, but the storm with moisture from remnants of tropical storm Andres provided a bit of a change.
"We've now got #RainOnThe5thOfJune. Officially measuring 0.01" at Sky Harbor. Record broke," the weather service's office said in a Twitter post." at Sky Harbor. Record broke," the weather service's office said in a Twitter post.

In other news, my favorite SuperTarget now has the sturdy,
non-rattle Jeep-style carts!
I am HAPPY!


I didn't notice how dusty this mirror was until after I had already changed out of this first top, so you'll have to suffer through it!

I found three lovely little flowy tops at Ross
that I'm planning to wear with solid-colored skirts, jeans, or pants.
I am trying to decide if these are the right size or if I want one size down 
because these don't nip in at the waist . . . 


Pattern on the front:


AMAZING alternate pattern on the back!


The shirts cover my butt in the back, but have little ties that make them bunch up on the sides. 
I like them long best, but here's what they look like bunched up.


Close-up of blue floral pattern:


Black floral all over:



And I bought  a Bob Ross ("Happy little trees" painter) t-shirt at Target!
It's mostly for yoga - it's one of the softest shirts I have!
I bought one for Greg, too - we'll have a matching Bob Ross shirt day soon.


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo