Monday, April 20, 2015

Flowered Bag & Tile



The weather has been beautiful, but today it got a little too warm (93).
Later in the week, we're expecting things to cool off again, 
which is a lovely blessing.



I couldn't resist taking more photos of this delicious bag with more outfits because
it's my favorite bag I've ever had in the whole of my life.
It's by Betsey Johnson.






Here it is with my Calvin Klein snakeskin print wrap dress.
Looks great!




Peek-a-boo!



And here it is with a blue fan-print dress (also by Calvin Klein).
Once again, looks great!


The side gores are striped - I love those little details. 


It looks good with everything I've tried so far!


We are moving along on getting our home improvements underway.

We shipped off some questions to the contractor last night, and hope to be able to schedule work to start within the next couple of weeks. Woo-hoo!

We saw some tile at Home Depot that looks sort of like the tile we'd like to use
(the darkest one on the far right).
I think it will be nice to have cool tile on our feet during the hot summers.



We found the lights we think we'd like to have installed in the master bedroom bathroom
(two of these, one over each sink):


and the guest bathroom
(one of these over the sink).


We investigated a lighting and fan store where there was lots of cool
James Bond-style lighting, but everything was expensive. 
Can you spot Greg & me in the mirror?


The next post on this topic will have pictures of our storm damage.
I can share that now because I know it'll only be with us a short time more - yay!


Bonus fun:
Here are two of my inspirations for our home overhaul.
Okay, not exactly "overhaul"; more like "tune-up"!
Only thing that will be noticeably different is the floor.
Most of the walls will be freshly painted and won't have drywall damage anymore,
but they will be painted the same color 
(I picked it out a few years back and I still really like it and the texture of it).


I love this room because of the dark floor + white walls, 
the modern casual furniture,
and the many layered textures.
That formula is my jam.


And so guess what?!
Another room with dark floors, light walls, and lots of layered textures!
This room even has some blue (my favorite color!)



Allistair and Stephen have been playing in the boxes we're saving up 
(thanks, Amazon!) to pack stuff away in while everything's getting moved around
thanks to construction.


I'll be back soon with many more hi-jinks - enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo