Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lovely Waves + Another Doc


Saw a Gastroenterologist yesterday because we need to know what effect the endometriosis is having on my digestive system.  I know that it is having some effects (don't worry; I won't go into detail!), but I don't know if they need to be addressed right now.  I saw Dr. R. (who looked as if he was about 12 years old!) and the colonoscopy is scheduled for May 14th.  He's putting me all the way out with an anesthesiologist there because my case is more complex (according to the last surgical report, parts of my intestines are immobilized against my abdominal wall with adhesions/scar tissue).  He answered my questions well and seemed to know what he is doing.  I'll be glad to have this out of the way.

The office had plenty of interesting details!

I definitely need this book!
I had a browse; it's very helpful.



These little dolls were all over - in every exam room and on the check-in desk.
What are they?!


Why, they are polyps, of course!


Now on to fun stuff!

Snuggling kittens



This kitten (Allistair) loves being in the dishwasher!

Stephen is a very droopy kitty - like what I imagine a Rag Doll cat to be
He oozes over the edges of things and he's extremely difficult to pick up
because he slithers right through a person's arms!


Daddy left the laundry basket on the kitchen table and Allistair found it!

The blossoms from the Mesquite tree fell down on the very windy day last week;
the ground is all yellow!


I wish I could post SMELLS, because the citrus scents have been delicious -
slightly overwhelming, but lovely nonetheless


The windy day made some more tumbleweeds!


Blooming Red Yucca


Big branches down in the puddles from a storm last week


I have been learning to grill -
I always used to ask Greg to do it, but if he grills when he gets home from work, it
gets really late before we can eat, so I have been trying my hand at it.
This is my first batch of grilled chicken with barbecue sauce!
YUM.  Now I'm hungry.

Boys, you may want to skip this part!

Girls, do any of you have hair like mine: STRAIGHT with no natural wave at all?
I have been craving this hairstyle (though this girl has since cut her hair!)

for any number of years now forever, and I tried following all the tutorials (here and here are some I have tried to follow), but I never got the result I was looking for because I cannot wield a curling iron without damage to myself (I still have a singe mark on my neck that has lingered for a month +) and I can't make it work right.
In addition to the curling iron methods, I have tried hot rollers (I have so many individual strands of hair that my head ends up looking like a puff ball), this crazy contraption (looks more like crimping than the mermaid-y waves I'm seeking), sleeping in braids, pin curls, rag rollers, and some other stuff. 

Well . . . I think the search may be over!

Infiniti Pro by Conair™ Auto-Rotating Curling Iron


This may look like a regular curling iron, but it IS NOT!  It rotates on its own!

In order to make waves look effortless and breezy, the way I have been wanting, the strands of hair need to be spun away from the face.  With the tools I have tried, I have not been able to figure out how to keep the hair in the clamp and spin in one direction away from my face on the left side of my head and in the other direction away from my face on the right side of my head.  

But this amazing device does it all for me!  You clamp a 1" section of hair in the clamp (about 2" from the bottom of the hair so as not to curl the ends, because this look leaves them straighter), then you PUSH A BUTTON, which makes the barrel spin on its own!  You can either push "L" or "R", which makes the barrel spin clockwise or counterclockwise, so I was able to get all the strands to spin away from my face.  It was quick and painless (no burns!) and the result is JUST what I was looking for.  Can't wait to try some different options (start lower down on my hair, take bigger pieces to make the waves looser, etc.)  What fun!  It's especially good because I was in one of those periods where I was really bored with my hair.  Now I have new games to play with it!

AND I'm keeping my brain young by attempting new motor activities that are challenging!

Hope you enjoyed that little product review!  If you have longer hair, I definitely recommend this iron!  Let me know what you think.

Happy Saturday!

Stay tuned later today, when I will be posting about a SPECIAL EVENT that took place this afternoon!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! xo